Pinus radiata Bark Extract
A perfect combination of three balanced polyphenols, it is extracted from the bark of North american pines following a sustainable and FSC certified procedure. It’s an extremely versatile active ingredient, presenting soothing, anti-inflammatory, anti-itch, anti-oxidant, anti-aging and anti-pollution properties, as well as being a booster for both chemical and physical filtersin sun care products.
This innovative active ingredient protects effectively the skin from UV rays and irritant agents' damages, while, at the same time, preventing skin ageing thanks to its inhibiting activity of hyaluronidase and elastase enzymes.
It’s therefore particularly suitable for:
- clean products (carrying many properties in a unique ingredient)
- sensitive skins (a 360° degrees protection from pollutions, UV rays, oxidative damages and inflammation)
- phytocosmetics (100% natural origin and sustainable extraction)
- Lenitive and anti-redness formulations for inflammed and sensitive skins
- City-filters and anti-pollution formulations
- Anti-age creams
Mechanism of action
Leniphenol reduces effectively inflammation thanks to its specific activity on IL-1α with a lenitive and anti-redness effect; it also inhibits the activity of hyaluronidase and elastase enzyme (responsible for the skin-ageing) and is able to protects the skin from pollutants and UV rays, while increasing the SPF of a formulation by 15%.
- Natural anti-age enhancer
- protects the skin from oxidation damages caused by UV rays
- Sensitive skin defender with lenitive properties
- counteracts itch with a dose-dependent effect
- Skin firmness supporter
- Efficacy against air pollutants
- Soothing properties on UV induced irritation