Sinerga Amazonian Private Reserve for Sustainable Development has been established in a unique arrangement with the Brazilian government and EBCF (Empresa Brasileria de Conservação de Florestas), with the purpose of protecting the Amazon and support its communities while enjoying the fruits of its environment without felling a single tree. Over 35.000 acres of Amazon primary rainforest, located in the municipality of Manicoré hosting 15 communities, 350 families, 1750 people.
Sinerga sustains the Amazonian Forest by:
Sharing the Amazonian Alliance programs based on 3 core pillars:
- The Amazon Rainforest conservation and Biodiversity protection through the development of inventories of the available species of flora and fauna, the implementation of a satellite monitoring system for tracking human activities conducted within the reserve and avoiding the risk of deforestation.
- Supporting local communities: through the implementation of social and environmental programs (education, health, infrastructure, etc.).
- Climate change mitigation by Reducing Co2 emission (- 3 Million tons off CO2).
Sinerga is directly involved in social and health programs to help the riverside communities:
- We enable and equip local community members to conduct screenings and basic health check-ups in the most distant communities. We provide them with first aid kits and floating ambulances.
- We distribute drinkable water filters ringing pure, drinking water to all the communities that still depend on the Amazon river for all of their sustenance. Through this project we improve the living standards for everyone in the communities and reduce the spread of diseases.
Sinerga Responsible Beauty: Sinerga is the only licensee for the distribution of Amazonian cosmetic raw materials coming from the Reserve. These ingredients are timber-free and harvested according to sustainable models in order to benefit local communities and protect the rainforest. We are in charge of the Research, acquisition, processing, refining, testing and trading of non-timbered rainforest ingredients for personal care application based on concepts of sustainable use of Amazonian native products.
To discover more about Sinerga Amazonian ingredients please contact us.