Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract (and) Maltodextrin
Natural derived multifunctional ingredient for greasy and combination skins. Thanks to its natural substances, Star Anise Extract is able to perform 5 different activities for a complete action against blemishes and the cutaneous manifestation of acne conditions, without irritating nor damaging skin hydrolipidic layer:
- Sebum normalizing, as it is able to prevent hyperseborrhea, reducing excessive sebum production.
- Exfoliating, to prevent the obstruction of the pilosebaceous duct.
- Antimicrobial, inhibiting the proliferation of the Propionibacterium acnes.
- Anti-inflammatory: by both reducing the production of IL 1 alpha and inhibiting Lipase enzyme, whose consequent production of free fatty acids amplifies the inflammatory response.
- Antioxidant: Star Anise Extract is able to inhibit the formation of free radicals, which worsen the inflammatory state.
Natural derived ingredient from Star Anise, with a titrated content in Shikimic Acid (≥ 15%).
Anti-blemishes serums, gels and creams;
Mechanism of action:
Its strong sebum-normalizing properties counteract the excessive production of sebum and its accumulation in the excretory duct of the sebaceous glands. It also has antibacterial activity against Propionibacterium Acnes, the gram-positive bacterium that is naturally present in the pilosebaceous unit and is released on the skin surface during the secretion of sebum. Its specific activity on Il-1α reduces the inflammatory response caused by the abnormal accumulation of bacteria in the pilosebaceous unit, while it also reduces oxidative stress.
Powder (soluble in water)
- MIC Propionibacterium acne
- Anti- inflammatory activity (inhibition of IL-1 alfa release)
- Sebum normalizing properties
- Reduction in the number of comedones